Vice President, Business Project Manager - Strategic Programme Management, Treasury & Markets
DBS T&M offers a broad range of treasury products from Fixed Income, Currency, Rates and Credit products in both cash and derivatives. T&M provides total solutions to serve DBS clients' hedging and investment needs with a regional emphasis. We have a strong record in providing innovative wealth management solutions to our individual investors. We are a leader in SGD and regional products with an excellent, customer-driven research capability and with cutting-edge risk management technology and systems. You will join a critical team within T&M COO Office which administers the T&M delivery platforms and drives the various T&M programs including project initiatives. The team also plays the forefront role on vendor management and system ownership for T&M. Job Function:
The Treasury & Markets (T&M) Division within DBS is seeking a self-driven, analytical and strategic thinker to join the COO Office - Strategic Programme Management team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team focused on driving strategic programs and initiatives which are critical to the T&M's short and long-term growth.
This is a highly visible role with opportunities to work with trading desks heads, senior management within T&M and key players in the support units such as Risk, Technology, Finance and Legal within T&M's broader ecosystem. Responsibilities:
- Part of a key team in T&M that is responsible for driving end-to-end change initiatives covering digital and business transformation, regulatory change, operational efficiency as well as controls and risk management, the candidate is expected to:
- Engage the T&M Business Desks for the development of business ideas (e.g. crypto, carbon, AI/ML use cases and algorithmic trading), preparation of the scope, deliverables, timelines and budget. In addition, establishing the business case and obtaining the necessary approvals to commence the execution
- Liaising with the business sponsor, product owner and other stakeholders to establish phases for delivery timelines, resources and factor in risks and dependencies.
- Managing relationships with vendors and service providers. Understand future needs of the trading desks and engage vendors to assess capabilities leading to structuring a vendor assessment plan and contractual negotiations
- End to end ownership of T&M systems and coordinating with ITT for system audits, regulatory issues as well as ensuring data management and user access responsibilities
- 6 to 10 years of experience in Business Management / COO role, Middle Office or IT at a major bank or financial institution. Open to candidates in risk and operations with strong IT and/or project management experience and knowledge.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple challenging projects - partictularly working knowledge and familiarity with trading / treasury products, system applications and end-to-end processes would be an advantage.
- Optional but preferable to have certification in project management and/or Agile (Product Owner or Scrum Master) methodologies would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and writing skills' confident in presentations to senior management and to various stakeholders
- Energetic team player, a self-starter who is solution-oriented and data driven.