Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Vice President, Counsel to join BNY Mellon's Legal team. This role is in Singapore and will report to the Managing Director, Associate General Counsel based in Singapore, who heads a regional team supporting Issuer Services, Treasury Services, APAC Representative Offices and our Singapore Branch.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- advising on all aspects of extensions of credit, trade and supply chain finance transactions, products, programs, platforms, processes and related matters including structuring, documenting, negotiating and closing transactions for BNY Mellon's Trade Finance business in APAC;
- negotiating and drafting transactional documentation agreements for BNY Mellon's Corporate Trust business in APAC - this includes a broad range of debt capital markets structures, structured finance, securitizations, loan and bond structures;
- dealing with escalations from various business stakeholders internally and outside counsel on transactional and documentation issues;
- advising on business, regulatory and legal developments with respect to BNY Mellon's Corporate Trust and Trade Finance businesses;
- understanding and advising on the Singapore regulatory framework applicable to BNY Mellon's operations through its Singapore Branch;
- assisting on special, regional and global projects as required for BNY Mellon's Corporate Trust and Trade Finance businesses;
- being a member of internal oversight and business acceptance committees providing legal advice and sign off;
- managing outside counsel, reviewing work for appropriateness, quality and alignment to expectations;
- managing a diverse and demanding workload with excellent drafting, analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- collaborating, seeking guidance and input from colleagues throughout the organization to ensure solutions align to global legal strategies.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- 7-8+ years' experience across a broad range of transactions in debt capital markets, banking and finance (with a preference for corporate trust and/or trade finance transactions)
- Experience in structured finance (securitizations and repacks) and supply chain finance, letters of credit, trade advances/loans and risk participations would be helpful
- Qualified to practice in Singapore, UK or US (additional bar admissions/qualifications a plus)
- Cross-border/international transactional experience a plus
- Experience working with technology, software, digital assets, blockchain, data and analytics legal issues a plus
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here are a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.