This role will act as a subject matter expert on the aspects of Human Resource (HR) risks, compliance and governance, providing guidance to ensure that the company adheres to regulatory and legal standards and in-house policies. The role is also responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects, at all levels, as well as providing adequate communication to managers and employees about such laws.
The successful candidate should have a strong understanding or interest in HR policy review, Statutory/Regulatory requirements, developments and process improvement & control across the employee life cycle, so as to partner effectively with all HR functional verticals to improve the HR processes. Responsibilities :
- Provide governance and oversight for all employee relations policies and procedures. Responsible for driving Compliance processes within O&P.
- Communicate relevant risk management policies and regulatory requirements from O&P/Risk Management to stakeholders within and outside HR; ensure these stakeholders are adequately educated.
- Coordinate the implementation of controls and process enhancements with various HR functional verticals to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of trends on developments around regulatory and statutory requirements (e.g. PDPA, Employment Act, Fair Employment Practices, Industrial Relations, CPF Act, IRAS etc.) in order to establish the implications for the organization, and to embed these developments into HR processes to ensure proper controls and compliance are effected in the organization.
- Monitor and track remediation of compliance gaps promptly; escalate other Compliance matters, if required (e.g. new initiative, projects or processes).
- Review employee data handling practices and processes to ensure compliance with employee data protection policy and ethical guidelines to ensure privacy of confidential employee data.
- Support smooth & timely communication with relevant stakeholders during periodic audits, to ensure compliance obligations are met; partner with O&P functional units and business stakeholders, external regulators (e.g. PDPC, external auditors) to implement recommendations, remediation, and action plans resulting from audits.
- Responsible for workplace and health safety; acts as the COVID Safe Measurement management representative (when applicable).
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Bachelor's degree from recognized universities.
- Minimum of 10 -12 years of experience in HR compliance and risks related roles.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Strong understanding of processes within the HR Value Chain and Employee Life Cycle.
- Skilled in project management and process review, including change management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.