WM AML Surveillance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The review of post transaction AML alerts is segregated into two levels where L1 performs alert analysis and L2 for case investigations. In addition to escalation of automated alerts, L2 also handles the review of unusual activity reports and external triggers. The position is the Team Member for L2.
1. Undertake investigation and assessment of transaction monitoring alerts for potential ML/FT risks in the Bank.
2. Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
3. Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions
4. Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
5. Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the Bank.
6. Review & approve unblocking, wire transfer and exceptional requests
7. As an AML subject matter expert, to provide direction and guidance to bank employees on appropriate remediation action for high risk accounts.
8. To participle in ad-hoc projects, tool development projects as well as in the drafting of procedures when in relation to the AML Surveillance.
9. Participate in the periodic review of scenarios and thresholds, in particular the calibration and testing, in liaison with IT support and Head Office.
10. Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Analytical skills
o Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view.
o Is driven by the desire to know more about things, people or events.
• Taking responsibilities
o Is involved in his/her scope for action, while appreciating the limits. Meets his/her commitments and accepts the consequences
• Organizational skills
o Sets priorities, plans actions and methodically monitors their progress by coordinating activities and resources in the best way possible
• Negotiation skills
o Obtains best possible results when conflicting interests are at play, leading to a constructive dialogue.
• Communication skills
o Expresses his/her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
• Decision-making skills
o Makes clear choices at the right time, communicates them, and accepts the consequences, taking his/her environment into account.
Specific Skills and Qualifications (if required)
• A background in KYC or AML processes specifically within Private Banking
• Working knowledge of AML, EDD and KYC regulatory requirements
• Advanced analytical research and investigative skill set including experience with transactional analysis
• High level of analytical skills and problem solving
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management
• Ability to contribute, support and lead efforts to achieve team KPIs, including recommendations to changes in procedures resulting from review finding and quality assurance of analyst case investigation work
• Ability to work independently and use of judgment.