Wealth Management Strategic Program Group - Senior Associate - Project Manager
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
The Strategic Program Group is a project management team, focusing on defining strategy, solutions and plans to manage change initiatives impacting the Global Wealth Management Business. Our Initiatives are mostly business driven, focusing on business improvement, growth, expansion and enhanced controls. The team works cross-functionally with product specialists, front office advisors, legal, risk management, compliance, operations, technology, middle office and marketing and acts an internal consultant to implement and execute large scale projects.
Acting as an internal consultant in partnership with senior management and working with a range of functions across the Private Bank to support the development and implementation of projects that meet the strategic vision of the Business. The size and duration of each project will vary but the objectives focus on similar key aspects such as business development, process efficiency, technology enablement and risk mitigation.
· Participate in short- to long-term project deliverable. Design, develop and establish project governance.
· Work independently and under minimum supervision to deliver project milestones. Be recognized as a key participant to deliver on the project
· Frame out clear, feasible solutions and execute project deliverables in a timely manner. Effectively prioritize workload and keep others informed of progress
· Produce project materials adapted to business needs with limited supervision, be proactive in improving project management materials (with regional and/or global peers)
· Update correctly and consistently the project reporting and documentation. Demonstrate attention to detail and consistently produce quality work
· Build relationships with stakeholders, demonstrate the ability to identify, partner, and navigate with players and key SMEs and functions in JPMorgan
· Act as business representative for the front office teams coordinating across the wider support functions to implement business solutions
· Partner with Legal, Compliance & Risk to identify and address areas of risk & regulatory exposure
· Develop detailed knowledge of front office/ middle/back-office process flows and trading systems
· Ideally 7 to 10 years of relevant project management experience in financial services industry. Strategy or management consulting background preferred with proven experience in having defined and executed large scale front-to-end projects in financial institutions.
· Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, fast learner, delivery focused with the ability to work independently and balancing multiple projects at once while remaining focused on accuracy and attention to detail.
· Experience in project management and / or understanding of business process modelling, process transformation, business tool development life-cycle.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment, with people at all levels across all functions including ability to engage with senior management
· Have an entrepreneurial mind-set and ability to manage complexity, juggle multiple priorities and deliver solutions to a tight deadline
· Excellent communicator who can message complex information into a simple pitch, in a room or in a document. Keynote skill is a plus.
· Fluent in English written and verbal communication. Basic verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin language required at a minimum.
· A broad understanding of investment management products and banking processes is an advantage
· Strong proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Project, Access & Visio is a plus.