Web UI Developer
Duties & Accountabilities
Education and Experience:
- Participate in the design, planning and development of solutions based on industry requirements.
- Assist in establishing project timelines; manage assigned component of project within time constraints.
- Be an active and highly collaborative team member as part of an agile development team
- Shows an affinity for finding solutions through discussions with team members
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills to solve a complex problem, and comfortable exploring them even if the problem and solution are not yet well-defined
- Participate as part of a project team to design, code, test and deploy enhancements to our next generation content delivery systems using a diverse range of cloud native technologies
- Flexibility to learn and enhance programming language skills with continuous improvement and finding better ways to do things
- Flexibility to respond on change
- Work closely with customer stakeholders to ensure we're adding value for our users
- Work closely with other developers, for example by pair programming and participating in code reviews
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs
- Provide technical direction and training to more junior Software development personnel with industry best practices.
- Contribute to testing of user stories, features and releases
- Assist our customer facing support team in solving client issues, when necessary
- Contribute insights and suggestions as part of our continuous improvement
- Generally, pitch in wherever needed to help get a high-quality release out on time
- Have an ability to think practically while assessing the circumstances and make the best decision based on the facts
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in writing code in a high-level object-oriented programming language
- Preferred knowledge and experience with Object Oriented design and software design patterns
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server/Oracle
- Experience in SQL and PL/SQL
- Hands on experience on unit testing in a programming language. Knowledge in C# and .Net is a must. Python is nice to have
- Strong familiarity with agile principles, values and practices
- Proven interest in financial markets
- Good product knowledge across various financial asset classes
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.