Windows Engineering team has engineered one of the largest Citrix Virtual Desktop solution in the industry, delivering a cloud-based desktop computing service for on-premise and remote work, serving the entire firm globally across all business functions, from operations, finance, engineering to front-line trading, sales and advisory. The team also architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2019 and Microsoft SCCMIMECM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms. YOUR IMPACT
We are looking for Systems Engineers to help Engineer, Maintain and Support the Firm's Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Remote Access Gateways.
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that indudes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience.
Windows Engineering is responsible for the desktop, Windows server and the remote access platform for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM/MECM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, as well as multiple custom in-house systems Responsibilities
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
- Partner with security team for vulnerability assessment and remediation on infrastructure servers
- Drive incident problem resolution working alongside other infrastructure teams, to resolve issues related to security, networking, applications or windows infrastructure services
- Participate in full platform product lifecycle for VDI based solutions: analysis, technical design, testing, release, and support
- Engineer and maintain the reliability, performance and system availability of the global remote access infrastructure of the firm
- In-depth knowledge in Windows OS internals including Group Policies, Windows Defender, Windows Networking stack, OS build engineering and deployment
- Experience engineering, managing and supporting environments involving VDI (Citrix, RDS), and Microsoft Desktop and Server platforms (Windows 10 and Server 2016+)
- Experience in Citrix Gateway products including Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) and Citrix Application Delivery Management (ADM).
- Experience in supporting secure infrastructure solutions involving DMZ
- Experience in automation, Infrastructure as Code (IAC), anomaly detection and predictive analysis
- Experience with Windows Systems Management and Patch management Technologies (SCCM, MECM, Group Policy and WSUS)
- Extensive experience with one or more scripting technologies: PowerShell, VBS, SOL, Windows Batch
- Enterprise-level Financial Services experience is preferred
- Team player who is able to work in a fast paced, environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Experience with public cloud environments (AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solution Architect or equivalent)
- Strong communication skill and able to work with remote counterparts internally and manage external vendors