Windows System Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience.
Windows Engineering is responsible for the desktop, Windows server and end user authentication platforms for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM/MECM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms.
We are looking for Windows Systems and Windows Production Engineers to help Engineer, Maintain and Support the Firm's Windows Desktop Services mainly focusing on the user facing components of the stack - Thin Client and Virtual Desktop. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers Participate in full platform product lifecycle for windows based solutions: analysis, technical design, testing, release, and support.
- Evaluate and test commercial solutions to help drive "Buy vs. Build" decisions
- Engineer and maintain automated Windows builds to support desktop on virtualized and cloud environments
- Execute performance testing of new desktop and server builds on various virtual and physical platforms
- In-depth knowledge in Windows OS internals including Group Policies, Windows Defender, Windows Networking stack, OS build engineering and deployment
- Experience engineering, managing and supporting environments involving VDI (Citrix, RDS), and Microsoft Desktop and Server platforms (Windows 10 and Server 2016+) Experience in automation, anomaly detection and predictive analysis
- Experience with Windows Systems Management and Patch management Technologies (SCCM, MECM, Group Policy and WSUS)
- Extensive experience with one or more scripting technologies: PowerShell, VBS, SQL, Windows Batch
- Experience with Windows build engineering, particularly experience with SCCM and MDT Experience in supporting secure infrastructure solutions involving DMZ Environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Enterprise-level Financial Services experience is preferred
- Team player who is able to work in a fast paced, environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong analytical and problem solving skills Experience with public cloud environments (AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent) Experience with C#, .NET and or Java Programming
- Strong communication skill and able to work with remote counterparts internally and manage external vendors
- Familiar with Linux, Middleware, Networks, Storage, Email, Mobile Applications,
- Voice/Video/Multimedia Systems and Market Data Systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity