- Support the operations of the Singapore mosquito factory as part of Project Wolbachia with the NEA.
- Technicians are not only expected to operate mosquito rearing and release equipment but also carry out routine cleaning and maintenance of general equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work 5-days/week, including regular weekend work and public holidays
- On the job training will be provided
1) Factory Technician
- Operate and maintain automated mosquito rearing and sex sorting systems
- Flag issues and provide feedbackAssemble parts for automated mosquito rearing systems
- Able to follow and carry out protocols of key workstreams- including but not limited to egg production, mosquito larval prepping, larval rearing, and sex sorting
- Operational hours will be similar to 9-5 working hours, with some flexibility for adjustments.
2) Field Technician
- Trapping and surveillance and post trapping species identification
- Arrange for vehicle logistics including maintenance, servicing, and regular checks of release and transport van
- Follow a schedule of field release of Verily reared mosquitoes at release sites.
- Conduct community engagement with residents around mosquito field trials, following the guidelines of Verily.
- On days of release, reporting time starts at 6.30am
- Note: Release work will be a part of both field and production work
- Degree with hands-on experience or equivalent practical experience
- Applications from candidates with experience in catering and service work are encouraged.
- Experience in automation, operations, production, or related field is optional but preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team in a fast-paced environment with changing demands.
- Strong communications skills.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified / contacted.
For more information you can email Tulasi in our Singapore office on email@example.com quoting Job Reference Tulasi531371 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
EA Registration No: R21103662, Tulasi D/O Thanabal.
Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA License No. 10C4544