- Colombo, Kammbarangawa, Sri Lanka
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Audit Manager
- Location: Colombo, Kammbarangawa, Sri Lanka
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Audit ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure early identification and escalation of risk, issue, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process.
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning.
- Monitor the implementation/delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country as assigned, understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved.
- Develop an annual audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year. Annual audit plan should cover all activities of the country, including any local subsidiaries, and regulatory audit requirements. Ensure plan is developed to meet the Group & Management expectations.
- Ensure plan is developed to meet the Group & Management expectations.
- Assign audits to team members, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.
- Ensure quality control of the team's audit plans on an ongoing basis by reviewing plans as they are developed and communicated to stakeholders.
- Ensure annual audit plans have contingency built in, to provide unexpected audits as they may surface.
- Oversee and provide quality control for the department's audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for planning and conducting audits, control reviews continuous monitoring reviews and special reviews - Development of Audit Planning Memorandum (APM) and Process Risk Control Matrix (PRCM), report findings and agree appropriate action plans with stakeholders, tabling and seeking approval of audit reports from Audit Report Review.
- Ensure the timely execution of audit assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the Management.
- Ensure GIA methodology is adhered to.
- Ensure Country Audit activity is sufficient to meet the requirements/expectations of Local Regulators
Issue Resolution and follow up
- Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate follow up of issues and escalations where appropriate.
- Ensure final reports are issued with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group.
- Delivery of Country/ Regional/Group MIS in respect of the activity undertaken.
- Provide Risk Committees in the country with GIA reports as required.
- Provide Regional GIA management with regular value-added reports and updates.
- Provide governance stakeholders with regular value-added reports and updates or as appropriate.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and is able to effectively manage Country Audits.
- Contribute to ensure the department's goals are achieved and stakeholders are managed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess professional audit qualification with 5 years of Internal/External Audit experience or minimum 5 years Banking experience with minimum 3 years in risk management.
- Experience in audit analytical tools and Information System (IS) audits would be an added advantage.
- Able to lead and manage people effectively. Strong team player able to work effectively with diverse client groups.
- Strong communicator with an ability to gain the respect from their teams, peers and with senior management and business stakeholders.
- Is confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues with senior managers in a proactive and professional manner. Decisive, influencing and negotiation ability.
- Possesses strong report writing skill and able to convey the messages to stakeholders.
- Possesses the breadth of experience in either audit or governance or both;
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Is self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision; escalating issues in appropriately and in a timely manner; Strong analytical and evaluation ability.
- Is willing to travel for approximately 20% of time, on a need basis.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.