Senior Physical Commodities Business Analyst (RightAngle)
- Zug, Switzerland
- Full time
- Permanent, Full time
- VTB Capital
- 18 Mar 19
The role is to be the lead business analysis for VTB physical commodity business. The candidate will sit in Zug and be the main point of contact for management and business users on all topics related to RightAngle.
On a day to day basis, the candidate will have to share their time between mainly four different types of tasks:
- Analysing bugs fix and small enhancements; either by providing guidance to the support or development team or writing business and technical specifications or testing the deliverables.
- Being available for second level support question from Front office. Ops and Risk teams; typically providing guidance for booking complex trades, investigating Pnl and risk issues/questions, investigating EOD batch failures when support cannot help.
- Providing input for strategic initiative: writing business specification or doing proof of concepts; estimating duration /planning.
- Liaising with vendors or external consultants on major projects (upgrade, migration, etc…)
Key Competencies & Qualifications
The candidate will have to show:
- Good experience of physical commodities business (minimum 5 years) as Business analyst or developer.
- Hands-on experience of RightAngle is mandatory; knowledge of other physical commodities system is a plus.
- Proven track record of delivering physical commodity IT projects; experience with Front Office user is a plus.
- In depth knowledge of Front to Back financial process ( Trade booking, Scheduling, Risk, Invoicing, Settlement)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure, diligence.
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
The candidate will have an important role to play in advising management on strategic decision and project prioritization.