Accounting Policy Specialist
- A unique chance for you to become part of our diverse environment
- You to contribute your strong interpersonal skills to our team
- A platform for you to be creative and to build up a career within a dynamic and state-of-the-art organization and a chance to create and craft a network with positive relationships
- You a position in the global, dynamic Accounting Policy and Assurance team
- Actively support to keep the bank abreast of external financial / regulatory change
- Resolve on time accounting queries from various stakeholders within the bank or support other team members in the accounting analysis
- Timely delivery of accounting analysis and solutions for accounting matters related to individual transactions, new business initiatives, financial reporting and consolidation.
- Ensure correct and consistent application of accounting policies across the bank and its subsidiaries for consolidated or stand-alone accounting.
- Representing the Accounting Policy and Assurance in cross-functional/regional working groups and projects.
- You active monitoring of international and local accounting standard developments with active participation in the standard setting process.
- Support the internal policy development process and drive the implementations of new policies or policy changes by monitoring, communicating and solving issues arising during the implementation.
- 5+ years work experience in similar position in financial industry or 5+ years work experience as a certified accountant within the banking industry with strong background in accounting policies and accounting standards.
- A deep understanding of banking products from the wealth management, asset management and investment banking business as well as group internal transactions
- Proven knowledge about the accounting, i.e. recognition and measurement, presentation and disclosure, of the banking related products and structures; e.g. derivatives, transfer of financial assets / securitization, consolidation of Special Purpose Entities (SPE; e.g. funds securitization vehicles), revenue recognition, fair value measurement, loans and experience in structured transactions and M&A transactions.
- Solid knowledge of either US GAAP or IFRS, if knowledge is primarily IFRS the candidate must have the willingness and ability to quickly adopt US GAAP.
- Communication and analytical skills, i.e. the ability to quickly understand and solve complex issues and the ability to make this thought-process and the conclusions transparent to management, front office representatives and the various function within Group Finance reporting and consolidation. This must also include the ability to spot interdependencies, risks and conflicts during the issue resolution process, to address those appropriately and to mitigate them.
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic international multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English and German both reading and in writing is required
- Highly motivated and driven individual with a proactive mentality
- University degree in Business Administration or a qualification as a certified accountant
- A winning and open personality with a high degree of interpersonal skills combined with an excellent ability to communicate, especially within a cross-cultural work environment
Mr. F. Golde would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our Career Portal.