Are you a master of Data Ware house DWH and Data Science/Analytics interested in the coming frameworks, tools and techniques? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways?
We're looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the Compliance DWH end to end platform in collaboration with the business, data scientists, and quality assurance (QA) and user experience (UX) professionals
– Pride in working new age technologies with data and data analytics.
– Ensure the team member's code & development meet UBS standard and Compliance across the DWH team.
– Master state-of-the-art technologies within a complex business domain
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
– influence and steer the technical development within projects and act as Technical Lead.
You'll be working in the FinCrime team based in Zurich-Altstetten. We analyze, develop and deliver global solutions to maintain or change our IT systems with our business counterparts. As a Lead Developer you'll play an important role in seeing that the development methodology is followed. Our culture centers on partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability and empowerment, and passion for the future.
Your experience and skills
- Long-standing experience (at least 8 years) designing and building complex applications with relational databases.
- Long-standing experience (at least 5 years) with Business system Data Ware House Design, Modeling, testing and implementation.
- Long standing experience in banking applications ideally strongly into core banking, transactions, Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime.
- Long standing experience in IBM-DB2 LUW database.
- Strong experience in complex SQLs and Analytical SQL.
- Strong experience in handling DB2 database objects and performance tuning of the code.
- Strong affinity to REORG, REFRESH, MQT, Bi-Temporal implementations.
- Experience on legacy Mainframe and COBOL programming with copy books and file handling.
- Strong affinity to strategic DWH data modeling and physical modeling design.
- Experience on DWH's different types of feed/source handling, DATA Mart operations in Data ware house.
- Strong experience in data analytics and Data Science.
- Proficient experience on DATAIKU DSS tool, its analytics ETL and reporting methodologies.
- Strong ability in DATAIKU DSS data sourcing, data wrangling and its related recipes.
- Proficiency in relational and non-relational databases with proper usage classifications.
- Experience on various machine learning algorithms (supervised and unsupervised) and knowledge on related topics such as PCA and descriptive statistics.
- Strong ability to Co-ordinate with Data Scientist to support data science functional and technical areas.
- Strong experience on Techno-Functional skills to provide end to end solutions.
- Experience of Data Source Framework preferred.
- Expertise in generic computing science including algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Strong affinity towards of acting Subject Matter Expert on DWH related technical needs.
- Exposures on Data Lake and Data Factory process Interms of data procurement.
- clean coding and refactoring skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- Excellent team lead experience with a strong control and governance mentality.
- Strong organizational skills including multi-tasking, prioritization and the ability to maintain your equilibrium under pressure.
- fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.