Business Readiness Oversight Manager
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role
The role is accountable for the effective governance, oversight, coordination and delivery of the business change roadmap into the Business. The holder of this role is accountable for confirming whether the business and its advisers have been sufficiently engaged ahead of each new change implementation (including all return to trunk activities). The Business Readiness Oversight Manager will report into the Head of Business Readiness and Support, and work closely and oversee the Business Readiness Analysts. Key Work Level Accountabilities Manager or Expert:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
- Governing the successful delivery of the Business Readiness roadmap into the business using the Business Readiness standard operating procedures. Acting as the 'gatekeeper', ensuring quality delivery and owning the go live decision on behalf of business.
- Facilitating Business Readiness activity for the business, high impact and brand sensitive delivery programmes coming from across M&G and Ascentric.
- Identification and delivery of business requirements from the project delivery squads including cost benefit calculation/tracking, training, documentation, appropriate testing, tools, communications and processes to ensure any new or changed service is sustainable and supportable by the business.
- Communicate and represent business readiness at a Senior Management / Programme level and facilitate efficient and effective engagement between the programme and the business.
- Responsible for identifying, escalating and managing risks or issues to ensure smooth transition into live environment.
- Facilitate the handover to the business and BAU, ensuring risks and issues, business and sponsor signoff is obtained.
- Actively support and mentors members of the business to ensure effective delivery of change into the business.
- Ensure that there is clarity over the business impact of each planned release or change
- Working collaboratively with the Testing team, Training team and Internal and External communications
- Stakeholder management so the business is prepared for all change coming into their teams and areas
- Ensure Business Validation Testing is completed and validate any benefits realised
- Develop and manage relationships and interfaces with senior stakeholders across divisions including suppliers.
- Put the customer at the heart of all delivery
- Ensure business and customer service stability is maintained during the transition or roll out, and that the changes are effectively integrated in the business
Leadership and team work
- Manage a mixture of high profile, high risk and/or fast paced programmes and projects ensuring successful delivery into the live environment.
- Conduct operational impact assessments to determine training and development requirements for go live.
- Engage with the business to define, agree and support delivery of all change requirements.
- Engage with impacted teams to define, agree and facilitate delivery of requirements.
- Proactively identify and champion opportunities to decommission old or obsolete products and services.
- Effective planning and resource demand management, managing multiple demands and conflicting priorities
- Participates in cross division governance ensuring delivery of all transition activities, e.g. monthly Change Meeting, PSG, senior Ops Management meeting attendance and BR steering
- Be an advocate of the change process to all stakeholders and identify, own and deliver process improvements
- Coach other team members to support development and ensure application of best practice and to deliver the best customer experience and outcome.
- Provide leadership direction in the Business Readiness department, driving excellence in its people management and talent development of high performing, engaged people, delivering on our values and principles.
- Embedding the purpose, values and vision for the teams and capability measures linked to purpose as well as embedding our values.
- Drive lessons learnt activity post-delivery to evolve the Readiness processes to meet the changing needs of our business and customers.
- Understand the wider business context of the solution / service being delivered in order to influence the production of innovative operational solutions
- Ensure all relevant business areas are prepared to accept changes into their operating environment
- Complete post implementation 'lessons learned' reviews
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Manage programme / project escalations effectively, working across teams and stakeholders as required.
- Works in partnership with the Comms Team and senior Ops leaders to deliver effective and impactful comms
- Production of associated dashboards and reports as required.
- Experience in a project delivery role or management role in a customer services or operational support function (ideally at Manager level)
- Proven experience of working cross functionally and in building sustained and effective working relationships.
- People management experience
- Understanding of Agile or Continuous Improvement methodology principles
- Risk Management identification and resolution experience
- Can translate complex issues and information into simple, key messages and deliver them in a variety of communication styles.
- Knowledge of Ascentric's products and services
- Knowledge of Ascentric's support systems (e.g. Sonata, CRM)
- Pro-active, driven and enthusiastic
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills demonstrated through stakeholder management
- Proven ability to manage in dynamic, high-growth, high-uncertainty environments
- Able to effectively manage conflict
- Ability to self-manage, organise and prioritise workload
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Simone Morris
Closing Date: 3rd March 2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things