Today, Royal London has over £114 billion of funds under management, and around 3,500 employees working in six offices across the UK and Ireland. We’ve worked hard to become experts in our specialist markets, building a trusted brand – and our teams have plenty of awards to show for it. Whatever team you’re interested in joining and whatever role you play, we’ll help you to make a difference.
The Finance Manager External Reporting is responsible for the management of the production and output of the External Reporting team, ensuring all requirements are met in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
What will you be doing:
- Ensuring all statutory and FCA reporting and returns are completed in accordance with the appropriate legislation and timescales;
- Managing the end-to-end creation and reporting of results across RLPS.
- Day to day management of internal and external audits
- Preparation and completion of the statutory accounts and half year reporting;
- Preparation and completion of ICAAP and FCA returns.
- Interpretation of accounting regulations and identifying regulatory and/or statutory changes and including discussions with FC and FD.
- Providing technical support on accounting and regulatory reporting issues.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage a team.
- Highly numerate and excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage workload and set priorities for self and others.
- Proven ability to pass on own knowledge and skills to develop others.
- Able to pay attention to detail and critically review own and others’ work.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening), with a pleasant and professional manner.
- Desire for continuous self-improvement and professional development. Adaptive to change/positive attitude towards change.
- Understanding of how the work of the team and department fits in to the overall structure of the business.
- Awareness of how external factors may impact a piece of work, project or the interpretation of MI.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships with colleagues across the department and the wider business.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Qualified accountant with a recognised professional qualification and extensive insurance experience.
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience, including experience of accounting and regulatory systems
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, systems and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of external reporting
- Technically strong and able to demonstrate an ability to interpret and apply new accounting standards or regulatory requirements.
- Full understanding of FCA requirements, in so far as they impact external reporting.
- Full knowledge and understanding of statutory reporting, UKGaap etc.
What we offer:
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have ranked as among the best places to work and this year we entered the top 10
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.