The successful candidate will form part of a team of BI Developers in Belfast supplementing the existing development team in London. The role will be focussed on the enhancement of the existing Business Intelligence platform managing the firm’s Market and Credit Risk Reporting. The candidate will work closely with various development teams and Business Managers to develop the data warehouse and reporting elements of the platform. Solid technical knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack is essential as are strong analytical and communication skills required to translate business functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Develop the SQL Server 2016 data warehouse
- Load and validate dimensions and measures via SSIS
- Comply with the standard release cycle and deployment controls
- Perform application unit and system testing
- Configure Microsoft Analysis Services on top of the reporting database.
- Develop Reporting Services Reports and deliver to the business
Experience of the following are required:
- Data Warehouse Design Principles, Kimball Methodologies
- Hands on experience working with large scale SQL Server Databases (ideally SQL Server 2016)
- Excellent core T-SQL skills – Stored Procedures, Performance Tuning
- Good knowledge of SSIS – building database imports from files, experience of BIML is a bonus
- Good knowledge of SSRS
- SSAS – Multidimensional and Tabular, practical experience of developing cubes, calculation scripts and querying in MDX & DAX
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the following:
- Knowledge of Financial Systems, particularly Market and Credit Risk
- Experience working on scheduling software such as Control-M
- Working direct with business users to extract and refine requirements
- Experience of Cloud Deployments and SQL Server on Azure
- Experience of developing data models and reports in Power BI
Please note that we are currently only considering BI Developers who would be looking to join First Derivatives on a permanent basis.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.