Cash & Trade Processing Senior Supervisor
Description Overview of Citi:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19031094
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. Team/Function Overview:
The Treasury and Funding function is responsible for the timely settlement of cash and collateral margin to and from CCPs, brokers and affiliates for ETD and OTC products, prompt reconciliation of the same and the monitoring of collateral flows Role / Position Overview
The team are seeking a Treasury and Funding manager who will be responsible for the daily margins processing and managing the funding flows to support that. The role will demand a focus on control to ensure operational risk is kept to a minimum, the changing regulatory environment, the evolving product offering and a growing client base. Key Responsibilities:
• Timely settlement of cash and collateral margin to and from CCPs, brokers and Citi affiliates for ETD and OTC products;
• Daily monitoring of operational balances;
• Adherence to CASS client asset requirements; and
• Internal and external cash reconciliations are captured and resolved appropriately.
• Exception reporting and appropriate escalation of issues to Senior Management;
• Ensuring processes and procedures are fully documents and reviewed regularly;
• Adhering to control, compliance and audit requirements;
• Supporting the delivery of efficiency and straight through processing (STP) initiatives, new product offerings and change;
Build effective working relationships with colleagues in Belfast, London, APAC and NAM. Development Value:
• Receive a six-month long training program in all aspects of the role.
• Exposure to all of the products supported by the Operations group.
• Develop stakeholder management competence at peer and senior manager level.
• Proficiency in the use of technology within own department.
• Enhanced communication and organizational skills.
• Develop Project Management skills.
• Have access to an extensive online learning resource.
• The opportunity to study for industry exams and FSA affiliate status.
• Citi success depends on its people and their ability to develop and grow within the organisation. FCC Operations support all employees to feel empowered to take responsibility for their own development. Qualifications Knowledge/Experience:
• Displays a well-developed ability to schedule work and understand relative priorities.
• Building positive working relationships and working with team members to understand the root cause of an issue in a timely and effective manner.
• Experience of having worked in a Futures Clearing environment at an investment bank (preferable).
• Futures and Options product experience (preferable). Skills:
• Good Microsoft skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to communicate effectively facilitating interaction with clients, own team and operations management. Ability to detail issues, in writing, in a clear, accurate and concise manner.
• Analytical and Numerate proven ability to research and identify large and complex issues
• Demonstrates sound judgement and professionalism in decision making/problem solving, escalating to supervisor as appropriate Qualifications:
• GSCE "A" Level standard or equivalent
• Good numeric skills
• Industry exams e.g. FSA module exams or a full affiliate status Competencies
• Planning and Organising
• Attention to Detail
• Risk Awareness
• Teamwork / Collaboration
• Relationship Building
• Resilience to, and an ability to work under pressure
• Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail
• Risk Awareness and confidence to escalate
• Adaptive to change What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme,
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer