Manager, Cloud Integration and API Strategy, Cloud Engineering, Consulting, Belfast
Your opportunity Our vibrant, award-winning Cloud Integration and API Strategy team is looking for integration architects, developers and evangelists across all experience levels, industries, and sectors, to join us in solving our clients' most complex problems, initiating and accelerating their Digital and Cloud technology journeys.
Our community of integration practitioners sits within the Deloitte UK Consulting practice, which is set to become a £1bn business by 2020. Our Cloud Integration and API Strategy team is integral in achieving this ambition through business development and the delivery of exceptional client work. Our team are responsible for assisting our global clients in answering their most challenging problems: how can integration enable and accelerate business and IT transformation; how to structure your organisation for success; how to deliver effectively and at scale; how do we select and design the best technology to enable business growth; how do we architect the integration platform and services to enable a complex, global business?
You would be working as part of market-leading team which has been awarded Global Partner of the Year by MuleSoft (2015, 2016, 2017, 2019), Dell Boomi (2018) and Google Cloud Platform (2018, 2019).
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Your role will be to advise on and deliver solutions to our clients' integration challenges, as well as to support internal and external business development.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
Your work, your choice
- Helping our clients navigate the end to end journey for integration, including:
- Defining and delivering an Integration Strategy and Operating Model that aligns to and underpins business, technology and/or digital strategies
- Developing the Business Case for investment in integration
- Selecting the right products and services for a solution
- Standing up the team
- Architecting and delivering the platform
- Understanding the leading integration technologies and the key integration challenges being faced by our clients
- Providing an authoritative point of view on how integration influences and enables emerging technology trends, for example recent perspectives include points of view on Next Generation Telco, Cloud, the Internet of Things, Connected Cars, and the Future of Retail
- Support the continued growth of our business by, for example, developing propositions, training, marketing, communications and recruitment activities
- Growing our relationship, experience, practice and maintaining our position as market leaders with key integration vendors such as MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, Apigee, AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be Belfast, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent full time role, however our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Your professional experience
Your service line: Consulting
- Between five to ten years working within IT
- Worked in integration-related roles either acting as a team member or leading teams
- Proven technical problem-solving skills and ability to communicate complex technical subjects effectively to a business audience
- Hands-on experience of using one or more leading integration products
- Knowledge of key integration challenges, patterns, market drivers and trends
- Understanding of emerging and innovative integration technologies (for example iPaaS, REST APIs) and how to shape IT strategy and delivery in order to leverage those technologies
- Keen interest in technology and how this can be applied to solve business challenges
- Ability to travel to client locations (Note: We will sponsor your visa to work in the UK and occasional client travels aboard)
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176098