Senior Consultant, Software Asset Management - SAM, Advisory, EY, Belfast
EY's Software and IT Asset Management (SAM) team is a rapidly growing and high performing team, working with some of the world's largest companies in a niche sector offering. The team have been named as Microsoft Ireland's Software Asset Management (SAM) and Compliance Partner of the Year in the past three summers (2016, 2017 & 2018), at the annual Microsoft Partner Conference, Inspire.
We have a number of work streams, ranging from software license compliance work with major global software vendors, to helping EY clients on matters including improving their processes/governance policies and establishing future focused strategies around software consumption and cloud migration.
Across all of the work streams, you will be given a large degree of autonomy and responsibility to lead meetings, identify issues and propose solutions. You will work with, and get to know, senior stakeholders in the software vendors, and at EY clients/vendor customers, up to board level.
We provide trusted communications focused on facts and data to management, customers and other stakeholders. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes: To qualify for the role you must have
- Maintain externally and internally recognized technical expertise in the following areas:
- Software licensing and SAM
- IT networks, applications and infrastructure
- Project Management
- Execution and delivery of client engagements (including international assignments - volume of travel depends on the appetite of the candidate)
- Manage client facing delivery teams, leading and coaching more junior members
- Foster and developing strong networks (local, area, global) with key service line champions in the firm
- Review and apply licensing metrics to complex IT environments
Locations: Dublin, Belfast, Cork
Ideally, you'll also have
- A third level degree or higher
- 3-5 years' experience in IT or project management/service delivery, operational/software asset management or consulting
- Client-oriented, professional services mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with good attention to detail
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and take initiative/make decisions under pressure
- Understanding of IT Process, IT Infrastructure (applications, databases and operating system) and related technologies i.e. Oracle, Windows, Linux etc.
- Ability to identify engagement issues/risks and the confidence to pursue solutions with ley internal or external stakeholders
- Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic environment where remote working is required
- Highly competent at interpreting data, analysing problems and formulating solutions to present to management level and above.
What we look for
- Business level competence in French, Spanish, German, Polish, Dutch, or any other languages
- Software Asset Management or IT administration experience
- Knowledge of Active Directory, virtualization technologies, network topologies, software vendor license agreements and licensing terms
- CISA/CISSP/CISM/CRISC qualification
- Project Management certification PMP/PRINCE2
- IT Vendor Certification e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional
- Big 4 experience and training
- 2 years of SAM or Software Audit experience
All our work is performed in teams and so we are looking for people who are good team players.
Building strong relationships with clients and EY colleagues is essential, so we are looking for people with excellent inter-personal skills. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.