Software Asset Management SAM Licensing Specialist
A career in Global Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Organisations are often paying too much for software licencing and complex agreements exposing themselves to unwarranted risk. As a part of our SAM (software asset management) team, you'll help PwC implement an efficient and manageable software programme addressing key aspects to improve governance, reduce our cost exposure, and gain greater efficiency and effectiveness in managing software assets.To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service.
Demonstrates an extensive level of knowledge, and/or a proven record of success in the following:
- Ensuring SAM system operations, enhancements, data integrity, identify and resolve data anomalies and inconsistencies.
- SAM for SaaS products to include: Managing the deployment and entitlement rights of software licensed by PwC through GLSC and key member firms;
- supporting and tracking the internal allocation of licenses and their costs; driving opportunities for efficient use and improved procurement of software across the PwC Network, assessing PwC's license position and usage to support PwC IT actions (including optimization, standardization and sunset efforts), and PwC's readiness to meet true-up/certification milestones, partnering to identify opportunities to consolidate IT purchases and rationalise supply base;
- SAM for Containerized environments e.g. Dockers and Kubernetes based implementations.
- Support responding to audit risks and software compliance obligations;
- Supporting the alignment of member firm SAM resources, efforts and stakeholders and their ongoing engagement and adoption of GSAM services;
- Providing foundational input and support the global SAM center of excellence consisting of people, programs, policies, processes, and tools that will optimise the value from PwC's IT assets and improve compliance;
- Advising leaders, member firms, and other stakeholders of actionable opportunities identified through SAM analyses and guide strategic decision making amongst key governance groups through to implementation and benefits realization;
- Executing tasks to report on relevant software metrics and analyses; and,
- Modeling and cultivating a team culture of ownership, execution, and continuous learning and improvement.
Demonstrates ability, and/or a proven record of success in the following:
- Experience with SAM auditing or consulting, tools and best practices, and integrating SAM workflows with IT, Procurement and Contract management functions;
- Experience providing SAM expertise to cross functional teams, including technical resources, external advisors and contractors;
- Experience in implementing and operating Flexera;
- Knowledge of enterprise software license agreements (including perpetual, subscription and cloud models), supplier licensing terms and conditions, terminology and policies with suppliers such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, VMware, etc;
. About PwC
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity