Business Analyst in Brighton | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Business Analyst
What you'll do
- Take on a critical role defining and realising quality business solutions, processes, benefits and new opportunities to deliver to our stakeholders
- We'll look to you to get involved in the delivery of Lineage projects and contribute to their development
- It's a great chance to hit the ground running, take advantage of our development opportunities, and advance your career
In this role, you'll obtain reports and processes aligned to a specific business outcome from the relevant franchise or function, then decompose the reports or processes to identify the Key Data Elements (KDEs) contained within them. You'll create lineage analysis reports based on data architectural principles, summarising and presenting the output, providing options and recommendations where appropriate to the franchises and functions to obtain sign off.
In addition, you'll be documenting the flows of information in Visio diagrams and then obtaining sign off for them with the franchises and functions. As well as this, you'll be validating KDEs with the franchise and function, making sure they meet the bank's standards.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Making sure the KDE master list is maintained and all governance activities relating to KDE management are undertaken
- Supporting project resource and business subject matter experts in translating lineage analysis into meaningful business insight to the front line
- Engaging with other projects to make sure a joined-up approach to data lineage is adopted across the department
- Identifying KDE origination points and methodologies in order to support ownership identification
- Identifying appropriate points in lineage to undertake DQ profiling activity
- Recognising appropriate DQ rule requirements for KDEs, ensuring overall integrity of rules library
You'll need to hold an appropriate business analyst certification, such as BCS, BAX, CPRE and CBAP. Additionally, you'll have a highly analytical mindset, with strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your work.
You'll also need:
- Experience of applying business analysis tools and techniques
- A background of delivering business analysis in a technology or IT function
- Strong stakeholder management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.