~~Role and Responsibilities
The Public Sector, is one of a number of key strategic growth areas for the firm, with ambitious targets for increasing the size of our business in the next three years. To support this growth, we are looking for qualified accountants to join the audit practice in our Bristol office. As an Assistant Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of e-audit
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities. Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).