Consultant - Python Developer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Position: Web Developer
Department: NEX Regulatory Reporting
Reporting to: Head of Software Engineering
Direct Reports: None
Vacancy Type: Contract / Temporary Company Overview:
NEX Group plc offers customers better ways to execute trades and manage risk. Our products and services underpin the entire trade lifecycle pre-, during and post-execution. Our electronic trading platforms are industry standards. Customers use our lifecycle management and information services to optimise portfolios, control risk and reduce costs. We partner with emerging technology companies to bring greater efficiency, transparency and scale to the world's capital markets. NEX is headquartered in London with offices worldwide. Business Area Overview:
NEX Regulatory Reporting operates within NEX Optimisation which helps clients simplify complexity and optimise resources.
We provide the regulatory reporting technology that ensures market participants can comply with their obligations. NEX Regulatory Reporting acts as a reporting hub for EMIR, an Approved Reporting Mechanism for MiFID, a Regulatory Reporting Mechanism for REMIT and has recently been approved by ESMA as the first cloud-based Trade Repository.
For more information, please visit www.nexregreporting.com Role Summary:
We are looking for an accomplished and talented software engineer to work with engineering and Service Delivery teams to develop and maintain bespoke client enrichment logic. You will be proficient across a broad range of software development and product delivery disciplines, be a smart and motivated team player with a deep understanding of development using Python.
- Follow established company development lifecycle processes, e.g. CAB, deployment processes, git flow, code review etc to deliver a quality product
- Liaising with product / project team to estimate scope of work and report progress back to the business
- Communicate regularly with internal and external technical teams to ensure smooth delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service oriented and resilient
- Capable of working in a pressured environment to tight deadlines
- Nights and weekend work is sometimes expected
- Fluent in procedural and object-oriented python
- Writes 'pythonic' code, following language idioms and best practices
- Experience with common and core libraries
- Relies heavily on good testing practices and familiar with pytest/unittest/etc