UX Designer, Senior Consultant, London
Your Opportunity Want to imagine and deliver exceptional experiences? So do we.
We are in the future business. Focused on delivering the positive impact of digital technology to our client's business. Our journey is one of business, technology and creativity that today enables us to imagine, deliver and run exceptional experiences. We're looking for a User Experience Designer with 4-6 years industry experience to join our newly forming vibrant and diverse team in our South-West hub in Bristol.
Here at Deloitte Digital, we are building a new hub in the South West market that will bring strategy, design and build capabilities together to rapidly deliver and launch high quality, game changing products, services and platforms. We are a hub built on diversity and collaboration, and are committed to building a team of passionate people who are driven by delivering great work, supporting one another and having fun along the way! As part of this new hub, we are now hiring a Strategy and Design team as part of our Creative Engineering function, and are looking for multiple roles to build this team.
We are interested in hearing from designers with a background and passion in Experience Design, but fundamentally, we want natural initiative-takers who work well in multi-disciplinary teams, are brilliant listeners, embrace the challenge of working with the largest and most complex organisations, and are seeking an opportunity embrace the unmatched opportunity for growth and development that is possible in our new South West hub.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Your role
Our job is to design innovative and inspiring client outcomes across the spectrum of UX work. Taking a user-centric approach, you'll be excited to push the boundaries within your craft and know importance that every design detail can make on client projects and throughout Deloitte. You will love what you do, and you'll always want to learn more.
You will be collaborating with a range of disciplines, such as Experience Strategists, Service Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, Business Analysts and Engineers. Together you will deliver industry leading experiences across a broad range of products and services.
- understand and work well with outputs from user and stakeholder research, being able to synthesize insight to shape your design work and its outcomes
- play an active role in planning and leading client and internal workshops
- give effective design feedback and to mentor more junior designers on projects
- lead on scoping and planning UX projects under the review of the team lead
- actively grow professional relationships with colleagues and clients to increase your network and broaden your knowledge base within the wider company
- contribute to on-going enhancements of the Deloitte design methodologies
- monitor and have knowledge of wider industry UX trends and relevant technology trends
- work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- actively involved with the wider practice and participating and leading community events and activities outside of project work
- have the right to live and work in the UK
- be ready to travel regularly and be comfortable operating for extended periods in client environments.
At all times, you will be an advocate for the customer and champion the design of intuitive interfaces and interactions for useful, usable, delightful digital experiences.
- you need to be an imaginative thinker
- you need to be quick to adapt, eager to learn
- you should have that drive to do great work
- you should be both a thinker and a doer
Your portfolio should demonstrate experience and abilities for all of the above, with specific focus on process and outcomes:
Your work, your choice
- show us your experience of delivering successful UX design outcomes, as part of a team and by yourself
- demonstrate experience of working closely with clients to understand what they need
- show us prototypes and artefacts that showcase your ability to get hands on with UX design and prototyping tools (i.e. Sketch, Axure, Adobe XD, Invision Studio, Framer and similar)
- show us how you worked with user insight to make a real difference to the designed solution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, with both formal and informal arrangements, because we know that this allows the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
You'll be based in our brand new studio in Bull Wharf, Bristol - but most project roles will require you to spend time on site with our clients. You should be prepared for fairly regular domestic travel and, depending on circumstance, occasional travel within Europe.
This is a permanent, full-time role. If you are interested in this permanent role but would like to discuss a degree of flexibility in hours or location, please do let us know when you apply. Your professional experience
Your service line: Consulting
- have at least 4 years' UX design experience
- apply a design-led approach to address client challenges
- work well with other disciplines and as part of a diverse team of talents
- lead on high quality UX deliverables that drive successful project outcomes, including:
- wireframes and functional specifications
- interactive prototypes (across devices and interactive touchpoints)
- coherent, well-defined information structures
- personas, user scenarios and user journey maps
- content concepts
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH LOCBRI
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171642