Golang Software Development Engineer - Amazon Ring
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products.
Within this team, your primary focus will be to provide customer facing functionality and help design how Ring customers and users of the Ring App, will view and interact with the images produced by the Ring Doorbell. The team work with a high load system and challenge themselves to continually improve the scalability of the system and services.
We concentrate on providing a fully customer obsessed product and service, working on improving the functionality of our system and services to be of the highest standard. Ring are committed to helping communities and consumers feel safe and the team support this by improving services and systems that provide data to the user 24/7.
By working closely with other Ring development teams, you will not only have an opportunity to support and improve our existing product range but you will also be able to support exciting future consumer electronic products released by Ring.
Your responsibilities will include working on distributed cloud systems, as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will work closely within the team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well as this you'll be involved in planning and maintaining database structures.
The ideal candidate:
• In-depth expertise working with distributed systems, understanding how they are deployed.
• Enjoys collaborating with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective, thriving in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership, never shying away from a challenge BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with Golang or at least one Object Oriented Programming language such as Java.
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Extensive software development experience and working with Distributed Systems.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficiency in Golang, C++, Java and Ruby
• Data analysis and debugging skills
• Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
• Proficiency in high load and multimedia service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.