Senior Java Developer
- £70k - 85k per year + + Bonus (20%) + Pension (10%) + Bens
- Earlsfield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Icon Solutions
- 23 Sep 17
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java Developer with a strong background in software engineering to join a dedicated team of professionals to assist in the successful delivery of IPF to the market. Using Java and Akka, you will contribute to all aspects of the architecture for this innovative solution.
Icon Solutions is at the leading edge of the rapidly changing payments industry. Combining the agility of a Fintech with a deep understanding based on years of real-world experience, Icon's payments focus makes us unique in the market. Our clients range from global banks and market infrastructure providers to innovative companies looking to break into this market.
The Instant Payments Framework (IPF) provides institutions with faster and more cost-effective access to instant payments through an advanced and highly flexible software framework seamlessly integrated with core and back-office banking applications. Purpose-built to address the exploding demand for instant payment and PSD2 support, IPF represents the cutting edge of payments technology. It leverages the power of open source frameworks to deliver a unique blend of performance, resilience and flexibility at an attractive price point.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java Developer with a strong background in software engineering to join a dedicated team of professionals to assist in the successful delivery of IPF to the market. Using Java and Akka, you will contribute to all aspects of the architecture for this innovative solution. As a Java Developer, you will be joining a talented Agile team so experience working in an Agile environment (following TDD/BDD processes) will be important.
Principal experience & skills will include:
• Strong Java 8, Akka, Spring knowledge
• Experience building high availability/distributed systems
• Experience in SDLC automation using Continuous Integration & Deployment processes
• Past experience delivering consumer facing and resilient software
• Excellent knowledge of SDLC and comfortable working across the full stack.
• Experience with setting up Jenkins instances and configuring jobs and pipelines within
• Experience with creating, tagging, pushing, starting, stopping and distributing Docker containers to a local repository
• Nice to have: experience with automated environment provisioning with Ansible
• Nice to have: Previous experience with real-time messaging systems
• Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the EU
• Salary Information: Basic salary £70,000-£85,000 + 20% bonus + 10% pension + significant benefits