The Business Join us in Edinburgh as an AI Engineer
What you'll do
- This role will see you contributing to Mimo, a new start-up mobile application that is being developed by NatWest for launch into the UK and Irish markets
- Mimo consolidates holistic customer information onto a cloud based data platform, and then surfaces insights to help customers save time and money, and gain peace of mind that their life is in order
- The app has been operating as a pilot since 2018, and we're now looking for an AI Engineer to come on board to design and develop future iterations of the Mimo learning engine and scheduler
- You'll be placed within our Customer Insights, Data Innovation, Strategic Modelling & AI, or Data Engineering team
As an AI Engineer, you'll be responsible for the end-to-end design and development of the Mimo scheduler and learning engine. Together, these key components act as a linchpin for the entire Mimo ecosystem, ensuring that customers receive content that is relevant, received at the right time and place, and respects a customer's personal preferences and behaviour.
You'll ensure these components incorporate sophisticated models of customer behaviour and preferences, actively learn from customer feedback, implement and respect business logic and scheduling constraints, and operate reliably at scale. You'll therefore be required to coordinate with other developers and engineers across multiple teams and locations within an agile development environment.
We'll also look to you to:
The skills you'll need
- Implement machine learning models to learn from customer feedback and behaviour
- Implement intelligent scheduling algorithms that optimise content delivery based on multiple constraints and objectives
- Develop comprehensive automated testing and a continuous integration toolset
- Represent Mimo at different technical and business sessions to educate, explain and discuss the scheduler and learning engine and the role of these components within the wider system
We're looking for someone with the ability to work both independently and collaborate across multiple teams. You'll have excellent development skills and experience in Python, JSON and REST APIs as well as a background in statistics, machine learning and optimisation.
Along with experience in active learning and reinforcement learning techniques, you'll have experience using industry standard models and tools, and an understanding of constraint-based optimisation.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Knowledge of Cloud and Microservice architectures such as AWS and Docker
- Experience working with BigData frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Elasticsearch and MongoDB
- In depth knowledge of different AI architecture modules and solutions
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present technical subjects to a non-technical audience
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .