Analyst Portfolio Manager – Global Equities (Location - Edinburgh)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Nikko Asset Management (UK)
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Nikko Asset Management is one of Asia’s largest asset managers, providing high-conviction, active fund management across a range of Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset strategies. In addition, our complementary range of passive strategies covers more than 20 indices and includes some of Asia’s largest exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
Duties and Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity exists for a talented individual to join our successful and forward thinking Global Equities team based in our Edinburgh office. The successful applicant will have an opportunity to work intimately with a small group of highly professional and experienced portfolio managers learning from the team and helping them build further success.
As an Analyst / Trainee Portfolio Manager – Global Equities the incumbent will have the opportunity to provide analytical and decision making support for the portfolio management team. Furthermore he/she will also have the opportunity to learn how to conduct industry and stock level research while concurrently providing support to the management of client mandates in terms of client service and administrative portfolio management functions.
- Production of high quality analysis and research (stock and industry) in the Global Equity Markets under supervision of the team
- Production of thorough and accurate research reports, covering both quantitative and qualitative analysis, in support of investment appraisals.
- Support the company’s client-servicing operations by assisting in preparing relevant information for clients on a timely and accurate basis and being responsive to client and consultant requests
- Keep abreast with portfolio trading, portfolio positioning, and market environment and portfolio characteristics
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Portfolio Managers and internal stakeholders
Key skills, attributes and characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated with clear attention to detail
- Inquisitive mind and a willingness to learn
- Comfortable working autonomously as well as in an intimate team
- Demonstrable keen interest in the Asset Management industry
Experience and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent having obtained a minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- Preference for related educational disciplines however open to considering others especially if accompanied by industry recognised qualifications
- Relevant industry experience (e.g. via a placement year or internship) an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrable analytical and numeric abilities
- CFA – undertaking studies or qualification an advantage
- Chinese or Japanese language skills desirable but not essential
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Nikko Asset Management is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 1 September 2018.