- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 May 19
Join us in Edinburgh as a DevOps Engineer
- We'll look to you to develop and promote adoption of CICD Toolchains to support automation and control, including the leverage of infrastructure as code
- You'll curate the utilisation of standard design patterns to achieve application abstraction from infrastructure, and work with application teams to promote their use and development
- You'll develop relationships with Enterprise Cloud Platform and Digital Engineering Services, promoting adoption of their tooling solutions and feeding back requirements
- Along with the opportunity to work with a large number of application teams, you'll have exposure to other areas of technology, and you'll benefit from working in an agile environment with flexible working options
What you'll do
As DevOps Engineer, you'll be responsible for the development and customisation of CICD Toolchains, and you'll support Enterprise Solutions (ES) Engineers to communicate best practises, and drive training and education. You'll also collaborate with the Application Modernisation Unit Lead and Architect to produce a strategy for the adoption of automation and tooling across ES.
Working with the ES platform teams, you'll enable adoption of DevOps, Automation, CICD Tooling and infrastructure as code, and you'll maintain a knowledge base of code and tooling information covering BitBucket and Confluence.
- Deliver repeatable patterns for automation, and encourage their adoption
- Develop infrastructure as code to support public and private cloud initiatives
- Manage day-to-day activities within risk appetite
- Display risk practices and behaviours consistent with a risk culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with hands on DevOps engineering or software development experience, and the ability to articulate the benefits of infrastructure as code and immutable systems to the business as well as CICD Toolchain.
Along with experience of Terraform, Puppet, Cloud Formation, TeamCity, Jenkins, Git or equivalent technologies, you'll a background delivering build, test and deployment automation solutions.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- Experience of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of Public Cloud AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- The ability to use tools to guarantee quality
- A passion for technology
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .