An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Systems Analyst to join a leading financial services business in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
Senior Finance Systems Analyst - Edinburgh
Salary: Highly Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Benefits - Bonus, 28 days holiday + stats, contributory pension
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Systems Analyst to join a leading financial services business in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will work with and support senior stakeholders in ensuring processes are robust and adhered to; refining, promoting and monitoring best practice across the finance division. Managing the integrity of data inside the finance data warehouse and lead requirements gathering and user acceptance testing in line with agreed Finance and IT methodology.
- Monitoring all data warehouse data against agreed data quality and delivery SLAs, ensuring that the business is made aware of any deficiencies and actions the resolution of any load failures.
- Overseeing the functional and non-functional requirements gathering, working closely with Finance Systems Development team to deliver these
- Ensuring that data developments have a clearly auditable workflow, delivering against specifications and they have been adequately tested and documented.
- Managing the test cycle of Data Warehouse changes ensuring that evidence of this is collected, stored and upon request presented to Audit, as part of regular or ad hoc testing.
- Demonstrating adherence to finance risk frameworks (SOx, Solvency II)
- Owning the establishment and maintenance of Data Warehouse documentation for own area of expertise (Liabilities, Assets, Transactions)
- Supporting Senior Stakeholders through deep understanding of the flow of data through the Data Warehouse
The successful candidate will ideally possess or be working towards a professional accounting qualification along with recent and relevant experience working within a similar systems role within financial services.
- Extensive experience of working on Cognos developments is essential, ideally across the suite of Cognos studios.
- Proven experience in creating business intelligence solutions
- Experience in implementing standards and best practices within BI environments and teams.
- Awareness of data architecture and data warehouse principles
- Organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- Strong relationship management skills & excellent written communication skills
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Chris Halliday on 0131 2207109 to discuss in confidence