The Requirements We're looking for an Infrastructure Manager to join us in Edinburgh
What you'll do
- We're looking for an Infrastructure Manager to join us in shaping our bank of the future through innovation and technological advancement
- You'll make sure our customers experience a seamless transition from existing legacy systems to a new and improved platform
- With a broad spectrum of technology at your fingertips, you'll help to put RBS at the forefront of innovation by simplifying our services and creating the best experience possible
As an Infrastructure Manager here at RBS, you'll focus on adopting and delivering public and private cloud solutions, using automation to deliver technology faster and more efficiently. This will include supporting an emerging team to implement a new set of platforms for our colleagues in Hosting Services, called Cloud Platforms.
In addition to the implementation aspects of your role, your remit will cover a number of service management responsibilities. You'll work closely with your team to ensure operational stability and resilience of your service, ensuring adequate resolution to incidents and high quality change delivery.
On a typical day, you can expect to be:
The skills you'll need
- Ensure requirements set by Product Owners and the Platform Lead are understood and correctly delivered by cloud feature teams.
- Ensure robust day to day production management services for cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Supporting the wider Cloud Platforms Leadership team in development and oversight of the technical road map for the business.
- Seek to optimise against cost, risk and delivery targets and and guard against introducing unecessary complexity.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and supporting them with any queries they might have
- Encouraging the use of innovation and new emerging technologies when defining solutions
Innovation, customer experience and service management sit at the heart of this role, so we'll be keen to learn more about your experience of delivering technical solutions and successful outcomes for customers and running them in production in an enterprise environment. Experience in continuous improvement would be valuable too.
You'll also bring:
How we'll reward you
- Experience in IT Service Management and/or IT Delivery
- Experience, or a deep understanding of Agile methodologies
- A sound understanding of cloud computing
- Line management experience
- Experience managing multiple priorities and determining how to move forward
- Experience understanding risks and implementing controls for new technologies
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.