Quality Engineering Lead
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 17 Jan 19
Quality Engineering Lead
18 January 2019
£48,636 - £54,040
Job Description Summary
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
LBG is the UK's leading digital bank, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK's biggest mobile bank. LBG is also the only UK bank to have Digital & Transformation representation at GEC level; it places Digital at the heart of the bank's strategy.
Our culture in Group Transformation brings together smart, talented, driven people from diverse backgrounds; people are at the core of who we are. Your opportunity to connect with your team, provide innovative solutions and support the creation of an environment where all can thrive is critical to your success.
The Commercial Servicing Engineering team within Lloyds Banking Group's Transformation (Change) function are responsible for the development, support and maintenance of the Bank's Commercial Internet Applications. This complex set of strategic and legacy systems are critical components with regard to servicing our Commercial Banking customers and processing their payments.
Commercial Servicing is continually improving and extending our digital offering for our customers and we are also changing the way we deliver change to our customers. Now we want to do more, we now have career opportunities for driven individuals to take on a Quality Engineer role delivering or helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions. The ultimate measure of success for LBG is Quality software in production with the team being continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and being part of an autonomous team driving quality solutions.
As a Quality Engineering Lead, you'll be responsible for directing the quality assurance of our commercial servicing teams. You'll be working in a fast-paced environment using either agile or a more traditional waterfall techniques (depending on delivery), transforming the quality engineers to T-shaped engineers.
You'll be required to collaborate closely with fellow Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Architects and Product Owners to design elegant solutions and elegant tests to prove them.
- Excellent Quality Engineering experience in shift left engineering using latest cutting edge technology earlier in the life cycle and set code review best practices.
- Drive the right quality engineering design principles, methods, approach and help evolve the strategic direction for Quality Engineering.
- An automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk.
- Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Test Data and Environments.
- Excitement about enabling others to achieve greater results than one can achieve alone and being part of a wider delivery team responsible for end to end solutions.
- Experience of working with stakeholders in and out of feature teams and projects building long lasting collaborative relationships.
- Experience of working with business analysts, software engineers and product owners in order to identify edge business scenarios and capture requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly present ideas and provide direction to others.
- Extensive experience in problem solving and issue resolution by following key strategy principles in judgement, influence and drive the teams towards delivery.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, testing and security toolsets (Jenkins, Saucelabs, Cucumber, and Perfecto).
- Working knowledge on reviewing and testing accessibility standards.
- Drive the Quality Engineering initiatives.
- Innovate through best practice implementation in the Quality Engineering space.
- Develop the culture of shift left in quality engineering in functional testing and performance proving.
- Influence the quality engineers to perform highly productive tests to stop defect leakage.
- Drive continuous improvement in both efficiency and quality of tests executed to consistently drive up the quality engineering process and capabilities.
Whilst based in Edinburgh, this role will involve occasional travel to London - likely 2/3 days per month although could vary based on need.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.