Support the Senior Trustee and Depositary Manager
Trustee & Depositary Lead Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
Support the Senior Trustee and Depositary Manager in providing a high quality trustee and depositary monitoring service to ensure that clients comply with the FCA rules and that duties as Trustee and Depositary are performed in accordance with appropriate Trust Deeds/Instruments of Incorporation, the regulations of the FCA and other regulatory bodies. Maintain excellent relationships with clients and their third party administrators communicating with them in a professional, clear and concise manner, meeting all deadlines.
- Identify client and third party administrators' requirements accurately.
- Provide clear and concise written and verbal responses, and resolve outstanding queries within agreed timescales.
- Manage the operational and investment restriction monitoring function including, but not limited to, client breach records, ex-dividend documentation and calculations, scheme particulars/prospectii documentation, investment and borrowing limits, overdraft limits, Efficient Portfolio Management (e.g. derivatives, forward foreign exchange deals, etc.), leverage calculations, fees processing, Box positions, etc.
- Assess competency of the fund managers/authorised corporate director ensuring that the scheme and prices of the respective fund units/shares are accurately reported and that there are robust and appropriate policies in place to ensure full adherence to the necessary rules and regulations governing the funds.
- Participate to regular Trustee and Depositary client service review meetings, along with the relevant Trustee Relationship Manager.
- Plan and organise the operational aspect of all mergers, launches, new business and terminations ensuring full communication with all relevant business areas resulting in a successful and trouble free conclusion.
- Provide accurate Management Information Statistics in a timely fashion as agreed on a case by case basis.
- Performance, training and personal development of any direct reports.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Report perceived operational risks in line with market conditions and regulatory requirements.
- On-going periodic procedures review, utilising knowledge and understanding of the task.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the TDS process and MIG21.
- Retain and develop a high performing, professional team and maintain a proper personal development and performance management culture.
- Take lead in departmental projects based on business needs and as directed by Senior Management.
- Oversee level of service provided by the SSOs to TDS team on-shore and ensure any issue identified is addressed promptly or escalated as required.
- Ensure T&C requirements are adhered to and workbooks maintained for direct reports captured by the T&C scheme.Skills and Experience required
- PC and systems skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Trustee & Depositary Services product.
- A good knowledge of the Securities industry as a whole.
- Good knowledge of the FCA relevant sourcebooks.
- Investment Operations Certificate (IOC): This role is not directly captured under the Training and Competence Regulations, however IOC qualification is preferable.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000CV3R
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.