DevOps Engineer - Security
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 May 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
ETS Provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley’s business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defences to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm’s strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
We (Enterprise Security Platforms) are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our cryptography DevOps group. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for supporting key management platforms both
on-prem and in the cloud.
An ideal candidate should previously have worked in the general area of cryptography previously and have at least light-weight scripting experience.
- Providing senior-level support for firm key management solutions. Solutions range from industry-standard applications to home-grown tooling.
- Create lightweight tooling (as required) in support and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Participate on calls with internal users and external clients or vendors.
- Provide senior level 3 and DevOps support, serving as a subject matter expert.
--- Technical Skills --- An acute understanding of:
- Key Management/PKI Systems and Infrastructure.
- Cloud platforms such as those offered by Azure or AWS.
- Basic knowledge of operating system administration on Windows and Linux [Redhat] platforms
- Familiarity with full-stack development tools and an intermediate knowledge of at least one scripting language such as
PowerShell, Perl, and Python.
- Experience working with moderate to large scale enterprise architectures.
- Experience working with Hardware Security Modules(HSMs) or AD Certificate Services.
-- Soft Skills --
- Active interest in Cryptography and Information Security.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills: capable of writing comprehensive documentation, making presentations to an internal audience and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues and customers.
- Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing.
- Comfortable working support calls with internal end user interaction and with periodic on-call responsibilities.
- Must be a self-starter who recognizes the value of working as a member of a team.
-- Experience --
- Experience working with key management solutions.
- CISSP, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Certified DevOps Engineer, Azure Administrator Associate or similar certifications. [Optional]
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-FM1