See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Glasgow Profile:
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant. Department Profile:
Corporate & Funding Technology (CFT) support critical firm functions and business across Morgan Stanley. CFT are focused on driving efficiencies through automation, providing tools and techniques to produce timely, accurate and efficient data. Raising productivity, improve decision making and help Morgan Stanley build a sustainable competitive advantage. Team Profile:
The HR Technology International Application Development CTB Team are looking for a Software Developer to help develop secure solutions & tooling to automate and increase HR productivity and efficiency.
As part of the CTB (Change the Bank) you will be developing enhancements to existing business applications and working on new solutions and ideas in areas such as conversational tech and robotics process automation.
You will be based in Glasgow and will work collaboratively in an agile environment with other team members and the business users internationally (Glasgow, London, Hong Kong and India). Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop secure solutions and tooling to meet the needs of HR International business
- Work collaboratively and productively with other technologists and business partners in an agile environment
- Support the firms Agile & DevOps transformation by applying best practice agile and lean principles to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the team in accordance with firm framework
- Produce documentation such as user stories, test plans and design specifications
- Collaborate with support teams such as QA, production support and core infra teams
- Collaborate with business partners & stakeholders on UAT testing
- Deliver software that is in compliance with HR regulatory & firm technology risk and development standards, processes and policies
- Liaise with business partners and stakeholders throughout HR and the firm Qualifications: Skills Required:
- Strong hands-on development experience in Java & Spring
- Experience using REST APIs
- Working knowledge with unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux environment
- Sybase or Microsoft SQL Server experience with proficiency in writing complex sql queries
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of DevOps and related processes and tooling such as Trunk Based Dev, Continuous Integration, GIT, Jenkins, Sonar
- Willing to learn new technologies (e.g. programming languages, development methodology and tools)
- Detail oriented, self-starter who is able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Problem solving, risk assessment and lateral thinking ability Skills Desired:
- Working knowledge of Angular & TypeScript
- Working knowledge of Python
- Experience with cloud computing services such as Azure or Amazon
- Unix shell scripting
- Domain knowledge in HR/Payroll technology Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-FB1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.