Java Software Engineer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Java Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-firstinto creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'lljoin an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving thedesign, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programmingthat goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll betasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on theprogress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of theimportance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key.And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information andinnovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal),analytical skills required
- Participate in architecture and design discussionswith the technical team and interface with other teams to create efficient andconsistent solutions (UI/API).
- Work as part of an Agile scrum team analyzing,planning, designing, developing, testing, debugging, optimizing,improving, documenting, and deploying complex software applications.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC processes and automatedtools, spanning requirements /issue management, defect tracking, sourcecontrol, build automation, test automation and release management.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a crispand concise fashion to multiple levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projectscoupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-evolving business needs
- Design, develop, test, and document scalable,high-quality business applications
- Design & develop robust and scalable servicebased solutions
- Identify and facilitate issue resolutions andescalate where applicable
- Participate in meetings at the project level,providing continuous feedback on project status and offering constructiveoptions to ensure project tracks to original expectation
- Ensure project is completed in accordance with allRisk, Architecture and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
- Hands on software development experience
- Hands on experience in Java 8 micro-services including REST, JSON, Spring framework, Springboot.
- Experience using IntelliJ, Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins), Maven, Auto-deployment tools, Performance / load testing, Java memory profiling.
- Strong debugging and technical troubleshooting skills, Knowledge of code testing techniques.
- Experience of test driven development and behavior driven testing using JBehave/Cucumber.
- Experience of publish/subscribe technologies such as Kafka/AMPS
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience with task management tool (JIRA or equivalent)
- College degree (computer science preferred).
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry is helpful, particularly in Collateral Management, OTC Cleared and/or Bilateral Derivatives
- Exposure of NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversationabout flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in afull time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Whenyou work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a globalfinancial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggesttech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technologyinitiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations inelectronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that will not only transform the financial servicesindustry, but also change the world.
AtJPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. Weencourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitivebenefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of aglobal technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of peopleand companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorganChase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.