Assistant Finance Manager - Part Time Secondment/Fixed Term Contract
Wednesday 22 May 2019 Salary Range
£35,694 - £39,660 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share Job Description Summary
Assistant finance manager for the Personal Current Accounts (PCA) and Business Banking reporting team, ensuring data is accurate, reporting is simplified and we are able to add appropriate insight for the business partnering and business teams.
Please note - This is a Part Time vacancy, working 21 hours per week, ideally Wednesday to Friday each week as part of a job share. It is a 12 month secondment/fixed term contract.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Here in the Products Reporting & Insight (PRI) team we're focused on becoming the Finance Centre of Excellence for the provision of MI and Reporting. We play an integral role in the communication to the Retail Finance Leadership team and Senior Retail Business Unit Executives, for the Reporting of Management Accounts, Technical Accounting support and management of the Issues Under Management.
Here in the PRI team we support 4 key business divisions (Mortgages, Savings, Personal Current Accounts, and Business Banking), and operate a dynamic resourcing structure that allows exposure to all Business Divisions.
Communication and coordination of the month Financials, through detailed variance analysis and value adding insightful commentary, is key in delivering the month end reporting suite for each of the Business areas, along with playing a lead role in driving forward Reporting projects.
We benefit from a particularly wide-ranging view of part of the Retail business, which provides an excellent opportunity to increase your breadth of knowledge across the businesses.
As an Assistant Finance Manager in the PRI team, you'll provide technical finance support and assistance to the funding finance team (mostly PCA and Business Banking) and business partners, using own judgement as to when more complex queries require raising as an issue.
- Assist the Finance Manager in producing detailed analysis to explain the behaviour in financial performance. This will involve having working knowledge of the key drivers in customer behaviour, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate the underlying movements while highlighting any future risks.
- Preparation of key journals, ensuring controls and Group Minimum Standards are adhered to, so that conversations with internal audit run smoothly.
- Continuously improve the service you offer to internal customers.
- Ensure processes are documented and that simplification and working smarter practices are embedded into the team's ways of working.
What skills and experience can you bring to the role?
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the drivers of the business and the implications of their analysis to decision-makers.
- Experienced in analytical review and variance analysis of financial information.
- Advanced Excel and SAP skills.
- Written/Oral communication and Presentation/Facilitation skills
- Ability to deliver small-scale projects or well-defined tasks on larger projects to improve support to the business.
- Ability to establish and build relationships with customers to identify business requirements and provide appropriate support and guidance.
Typically you'll be a graduate (with a relevant degree and exemptions) studying for a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent). You're likely to be in or approaching the final stages of qualification, and will have a minimum 24 months experience as a trainee accountant. Alternatively, you may have the same level of expertise, acquired through significant experience in a finance function.
PRI is committed to developing colleagues, with a balanced focus on training and career development for all, and is open to all forms of flexible working that will meet both the business and colleagues needs.
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. And in return?
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future. We know that success is built from the inside out through our people. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. Did you know we've won awards?
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.