Fund Oversight Lead (Valuations)
Fantastic opportunity for a Lead Fund Oversight Specialist has become available at my well known client in Horsham.
Our client is a hugely diversified asset manager with broad specialist and alternative ranges. They are looking for an experienced Fund Oversight Specialist to lead the firms fund accounting function.
Responsible for the firms fund accounting and pricing activities. Activities will be outsourced so the role is one of oversight. Therefore, the individual will ensure that daily NAV's are produced in an accurate and timely manner and that interim and annual report and accounts are accurate and timely whilst overseeing the service provider. WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of how funds work
- Knowledge of hedged products, calculation methodologies and collateral management
- Ideally from a Fund Valuations background, or from a Fund Accounting background.
- A strong working knowledge of transfer agency platforms and processes
- Experience of BestX or other transaction cost analysis applications
- Good with Microsoft applications, including Excel to an intermediate level
- Good with numbers
- Help develop team members
- Help prioritise and assign work to the team
- Help manage how we sort out problems
- Manage the relationship with transfer agent, always looking for ways to improve
- Help deliver a risk-based oversight model of the transfer agent
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the transfer agency platform
- Oversee FX services, including reviewing daily reports, checking calculations and monitoring spreads and prices
- Oversee reconciliation: cash, stock, units in issue and tri-party
- Oversee NAV validation and controls
- Oversee month-end global close NAV
- Make sure controls are followed, and that exceptions are escalated quickly
On offer is a market competitive salary with extensive perks on top including modern offices with onsite restaurant and a gym with a sociable environment across the company.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.