Digital Performance Analyst
- GBP41797 - GBP51797 per annum + benefits
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- DWP Digital
- 14 Jan 19
Digital Performance Analyst - Up to £51,795 + up to 10% bonus + up to 10% pension + great benefits and work-life balance Are you a Data Analyst with a deep technical expertise in digital performance analytics tools? Do you know how to manipulate interrogate, implement, configure and articulate analytical data? Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you!
Do you want to be part of something really big?
About you and the role
BPDTS Ltd provides digital/technology services to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).) who are in the midst of one of the largest digital transformation in Europe. You will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive community of skilled digital professionals, you will work in agile and creative ways in order to improve technology services, to the benefit of 22 million UK citizens. As public servants, we help make a difference to people at critical times in their lives - as they look for work, deal with illness or disability, support children after separation, or plan for retirement.
As a Digital Performance Analyst you will be responsible to deliver performance analysis that helps services to meet the Government's "Digital by Default" service standard. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality analysis of departmental web analytics and other data in relation to digital services.
This role involves:
- Spending a significant amount of time developing and supporting services
- Taking a leading role in the development of the performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for services and build dashboards and provide in depth reports to communicate key metrics
- Tracking/measuring user behaviour and use data to inform iterative service changes
- Skilled digital performance analysis and the configuration and deployment of digital analytical solutions
- Defining tagging, creating and validating analytics tags and setting up custom dimensions and metrics where required
- Skill in analysing data from Analytics packages
- Delivering high-quality analysis that provides meaningful and actionable insights to improve the service, proactively offering suggestions of ways to improve the service
- Identifying and telling actionable stories and business insights from the data to stakeholders and the team, to inform user-centric design decisions
- Helping agile teams to identify and overcome delivery obstacles to improve performance of the service/product.
- Communicating service performance and analytical findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting analysis at agile ceremonies and use data in an open way within the service team
- Ensuring data integrity and proactively identify data and reporting issues and improvement opportunities
- Sharing examples of best practice in digital analytics across DWP's digital projects and with other digital analysts in government
Please note that this role requires SC Clearance at BPSS level which may take up to 4 weeks
What are we looking for?
- Expert knowledge in administering, utilising and enhancing capability/functionality of digital analytics tools such as Matomo (analytics platform), Microsoft Application Insights, and ETL tools such as Excel, Power BI
- Have experience in trial design and exploitation of the relevant statistical techniques to report the accuracy of findings
- Relevant skills in how to best present and communicate findings to a non-technical audience in a compelling way
- Experience of building self - development skills and also team development
- Ideally experience of collaborative working in an Agile development environment, including defining user needs, creating personas and writing user stories
- Previous use/working with Tag Managers
- Ideally a degree/background in analytics or a related field such as maths, computer science or statistics
The key attributes that we value for this role are…
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Proactive, ideally with a "Start-Up" /entrepreneurial mind set
- Ability to add value to help with process improvement
Where will you work?
The role will be based in one of our easy to reach digital hub in Leeds.
Each hub is designed for, and by, members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling, and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of each location on our doorstep, and we have a range of facilities inside from coffee shops and restaurants, to table tennis, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £51,795 dependant on level of expertise
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in you.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you'll acquire on the job. You'll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click Apply. You will need to register your CV and add a supporting statement on our online application portal.