Global Service Desk Lead & MIM, Global Technology, IFS
A career in Global Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Operations Support team monitors the overall quality of our service. As a part of the team, you'll be the primary contact for ensuring the quality of our services is maintained while also considering better ways to provide the same service in a more cost efficient manner and keeping customer satisfaction with our services high.To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in planning and executing projects to deliver Technology solutions including the following areas:
- Agile methods (Scrum, etc.) and establishing optimal flow (Kanban, etc.);
- Microsoft based technologies including ASP.NET ,C#, SQL Server, SSRS, etc.;
- Development of new business capabilities using technology;
- Cloud-based implementations and upgrades;
- Continuous Integration and DevOps;
- Traditional Waterfall/Iterative methods (RUP, etc.);
- IT Service Management industry leading practices (ITIL);
- SDLC Methodology;
- Operations Control Quality and Process Improvement Systems (ISO 9000, SEI CMM, Six Sigma);
- Technical security standards such as ISO 27001;
- Financial management; and,
- Team and resource management including formal coaching.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader guiding application development and service teams in the following areas:
- Overseeing all development projects and all technical operational aspects for a specific business area's applications;
- Managing a portfolio of development and operations teams along with managing the technical support for the business applications;
- Managing delivery of services and financial cost recovery for specific business sponsors;
- Translating the strategic direction of the business into technical considerations for the development and operations teams;
- Managing Service Level Agreements (SLA) with external and internal resources and quality/acceptance of deliverables including customer relationship management, problem management, vendor management and financial management of the service they represent;
- Operating with independent authority and good judgement to resolve technical issues that pertain to the business applications under their area of responsibility;
- Maintaining continuity of technical knowledge that is significant to the successful operation of a particular business area;
- Leading teams in a rapidly changing environment including performance management, coaching for development, and resource assignment;
- Contributing to and/or facilitating security reviews, release management, capacity planning, infrastructure change scheduling, etc.; and,
- Mentoring technical team members to increase business acumen including the ability to effectively communicate.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity