Python Data Engineer/Developer - Leeds - £400p/d - Asset Management
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Python developer/data engineer to join our team in London, to help us start the journey of building our new-generation data pipeline. In this role you will help to define the framework and libraries used and mentor and teach other developers in these technologies. The role is delivery-focused – every step of the way we need to solve real-world problems for our customers. We’re looking for someone who has an interest in learning about our business and developing a deep understanding, and who is always asking the question “why?”, not just “what?” or “how?”.
- • Front-end: Typescript, Angular, RxJS
- • Server/mid-tier: C#, .NET Core
- • Data/database: MongoDB, SQL Server, SSIS
We’re in the process of moving our platforms to the cloud and intend to embrace serverless technologies where we can (e.g. AWS Lambda). We’re also in the process of establishing a new data pipeline platform which we will base upon Python.
Are you passionate about learning the workings of a business and helping our customers achieve their goals? Do you want to work with others, sharing ideas and celebrating team successes over personal achievement? Do you enjoy leading, guiding and mentoring other developers and taking pride in their achievements?
You have demonstrable experience of:
- • SQL, Relational and NoSQL databases
- • Python development, particularly of ETL/ELT and data pipelines using relevant frameworks
- • Fixing and resolving database development problems including performance tuning and optimisation
- • BI and data-warehouse modelling techniques and approaches (e.g. Kimball).
- • Test driven development (TDD)
Ideally you will also have familiarity with some or all of:
- • VBA and Excel development (version 2010 onwards)
- • Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Processes, including TeamCity, Octopus Deploy and Redgate
- • Cloud database development (Amazon AWS and/or Azure)
- • Reporting solutions such as Tableau or Power BI
- • Pandas, PySpark, Data Lake, Machine Learning
- • MongoDB
- • SSIS and SSRS development
- • Familiarity with PowerShell scripting
- • Financial Services concepts such as Private Equity, Direct Lending or Credit Fund Management
In addition, you will be able to show:
- • Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to talk at both a technical and business level
- • Analytical thinking, open to new ideas and approaches with an enthusiasm to obtain results
- • A logical and detailed approach to technical planning
- • A dedicated, enthusiastic, can-do attitude and a talent for identifying problems before they become serious
- • A positive approach to being challenged