Senior Finance Analyst, Planning & Forecasting
End Date Salary Range
£35,694 - £39,660 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
This role offers the exciting opportunity to become a value adding member of the Mortgage business which is a key driver of the Retail / Group P&L, specifically as part of the Business Partnering Finance team within Mortgages Finance.
This role would present any successful candidate with an ideal opportunity to gain exposure to the Mortgage business and develop a deep understanding of the underlying drivers and dynamics underpinning Mortgages.
As a senior finance analyst the fundamentals of the role are to interpret complex processes and manage the efficient and effective production of high quality outputs and analysis, anticipating stakeholder needs.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Utilise and develop appropriate planning tools (TM1) in order to drive out MI and schedules for both the Balance Sheet and P&L, understanding and analysing the underpinning drivers
- Support and develop a robust governance and control framework around all forecasting information & model owned and supported within the team
- Establish and build relationships with stakeholders across Finance & the business to identify business requirements and provide appropriate support, guidance, insight and schedule/data outputs.
- Monitor and support a range of processes and systems to ensure that they are effectively maintained and coordinated, recommending improvements to support delivery of lasting and impactful change
- Support the 'planning the plan process' for all forecasting activity (including stress testing, quarterly forecasting, flash reporting etc) through:
- Collaboration with peers, managers and senior management to drive a clear and controlled end to end process
- Production of timelines and engagement planning
- Ownership of the TM1 and excel model set up and final submission into the central Retail Division
- Deliver small-scale projects or well defined tasks on larger projects to deliver objectives
- Production of Income walks / drivers of change with supporting insight and commentary for Executive reviews
- Demonstrate core Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviors as an active team member
The successful applicant should have:
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- A keen eye for detail with an inquisitive nature to interrogate 'the why'
- Professional qualification or in final stages of qualification eg MBA / ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- A minimum of 24 months experience as a trainee accountant
- Highly competent in Excel, other tools eg TM1 a bonus
- Experience of using, extracting and interrogating large and complex data sets
- A high level of numeracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make the complex simple
- Stakeholder influence up to senior manager level