- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Jun 19
Accounting Policy and Assurance - Vice President # 130758
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank's vision. Our focus is to manage the bank's capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through a rewarding and inclusive partnership culture.
Position in the global, dynamic Accounting Policy and Assurance team
- Actively support to keep the bank abreast of external financial/regulatory change
- Resolve in a timely manner accounting queries from various stakeholders within the bank or support other team members in the accounting analysis
- Timely delivery of accounting analysis and solutions for accounting matters related to individual transactions, new business initiatives, financial reporting and consolidation
- Ensure correct and consistent application of accounting policies across the bank and its subsidiaries for consolidated or stand-alone accounting
- Representing the Accounting Policy and Assurance Group in cross-functional/regional working groups and projects
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Experience of working in financial/banking industry or professional services firm with strong background in accounting standards/policies
- A good understanding of banking products from the wealth management, asset management and investment banking business as well as group internal transactions
- Solid accounting knowledge, i.e. recognition and measurement, presentation and disclosure of banking related products/structures (e.g. derivatives, transfer of financial assets/securitization, consolidation of Special Purpose Entities), revenue recognition, fair value measurement, loans and experience in structured/M&A transactions
- Solid knowledge of either US GAAP or IFRS, if knowledge is primarily IFRS the candidate must have the willingness and ability to quickly adopt US GAAP
- Communication and problem solving skills, i.e. the ability to quickly understand and solve complex issues and the ability to make this thought-process and the conclusions transparent to management, front office representatives and the various function within Group Finance reporting and consolidation. This must also include the ability to spot interdependencies, risks and conflicts during the issue resolution process, to address those appropriately and to mitigate them
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.