Analyst/Architect Senior Professional
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our LifeWorks employee assistance programme which is run by Canada Life. If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. T he service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Analyst/Architect Senior Professional to join our established IT Business Solutions team within M&G Real Estate in London.
In this role, you will be required to proactively drive systems development focused activities, engaging and supporting business stakeholders with systems related changes to our in-house developed systems and Yardi Voyager; designing, developing, testing and documenting application changes.
You will work closely with the existing technical team who are responsible for developing and supporting our Real Estate systems and Yardi Voyager platform and ensuring global cross-platform integration. The role also involves liaison with business team members, internal IT technical staff and external software consultants.
You will support the key global front-office and operational systems across Real Estate and will be required to communicate effectively with senior IT and business representatives, specialist end users (e.g. investment managers, property and fund accountants) and other project stakeholders, as well as producing high quality technical documentation (e.g. system process maps, Entity Relationships Diagrams). Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Working closely with key business stakeholders through the development, testing and implementation project stages/lifecycle;
- Ensuring production of consistently high-quality documentation and robust code development;
- Working to wider project and BAU plans and meeting timescales within budget and to the agreed level of quality;
- Following a formal project and change management lifecycle approach in adherence to standards;
- Maintaining positive and effective relations with business representatives and members of the project team.
- Strong experience of Microsoft C# (WPF/WCF, WinForms), MVVM architecture, TFS, Unity, NuGet, Visual Studio 2019, SQLServer, Linq;
- Experience of Yardi Voyager, YSQL, Configuration Administration, Custom Token and SSRS/YSR Report Development, Microsoft Azure, PowerBI, CruiseControl - helpful but not essential;
- Comfortable adhering to, and contributing to, software development and release standards;
- Experience of conducting system testing and supporting business users through User Testing;
- Participation in the entire change management and project lifecycle;
- Experience of integration with Microsoft Office products;
- Experience of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Teams/SharePoint and Word
- Experience of working within a structured environment;
- Confident, proactive and self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- Good documentation and communication skills;
- Able to work to tight timescales in a controlled manner.
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Sarah Mathers
Closing Date: 18th January 2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things