Android Engineer - Permanent role in London - Financial Services client Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Contributing to the technial leadership team's work of driving the technology and future of the platform.
- Working with the Strategy and UX/UI Design teams as well as customer organisations to architect, design, and implement solutions.
- Designing, developing and productising mobile components and services.
- Determine, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and toolsets for a customers culture and operating environment.
- Complete solutions by coordinating, communicating, and contributing to team meetings and customer engagements.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products; seize learning and knowledge sharing opportunities.
- Support the team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
You have strong knowledge of designing a mobile experience for variable screen sizes in variable versions of Android. Strong knowledge of Android SDK
Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services -(RXJAVA preferable but not mandatory)
Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git Hands-on experience of continuous delivery.
o code reviewing
o mentoring / educating junior (or less experienced) developers
o understanding of basic App architectures (preferably MVP)
o confident knowledge about industry best practice libraries (Dagger2, RxJava, RxAndroid, Retrofit, Butterknife)
o familiarity with Kotlin language
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.