Asset Based Lending Relationship Manager
Working with M&G Prudential as a Asset Based Lending Relationship Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. The Role:
To manage the risk, relationship and reward inherent in a portfolio of asset based loans to corporates (borrowers). Key Responsibilities:
You will have:
- Control the credit and operational risk of a designated portfolio of individual borrowers that utilise M&G ABL facilities within acceptable parameters by monitoring the borrower's performance against parameters laid down in their financing agreement as well as proactively identifying changes in risk profile from agreed reporting and review meetings/calls with the borrower.
- Maintain a relationship with the borrower that complies with M&G's policies and values and ensures borrower satisfaction with service and support received.
- Ensure that M&G receives the return expected at the facility approval committee.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of the broader ABL growth strategy in M&G, in particular processes and systems needed to scale the portfolio appropriately.
- Ensure all internal portfolio reporting is completed on a timely basis.
- Where requested, support colleagues within the direct team as workload allows.
- Complete all required compliance and governance reading/training that is pertinent to the role.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
- Ideally a minimum of three years working within an asset based lending origination, structuring or loan portfolio management role.
- Alternatively three years working in a non-ABL mid-market loan structuring or portfolio management role.
- Legal knowledge relating to corporate loan documentation and restructuring/insolvency regime(s) in the UK and preferably major European jurisdictions.
- Operational knowledge of asset based lending.
- Developed credit analysis skills.
- Assessment skills for the suitability of corporate assets acting as collateral for a loan.
- Financial accounts interpretation and analysis skills.
- Relationship building skills with people from varied seniority and job role backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Risk management skills pertaining to credit, operational, regulatory and systemic risk.