Business Analyst- Securities Lending Large Asset management company 4 month initial contract
The Business Analyst/SME is an integral part of the front office securities lending team reporting to the Head of Cash and Currency to support the business in delivering a feasibility study to lend assets across OEIC/UCITS fund structures.
The Business Analyst/SME is generally responsible for understanding and articulating the front office, fund and product requirements and contributing to the content and delivery of a business feasibility report working closely with product teams
The Business Analyst/SME requires a solid understanding of securities lending and experience of working with front office fund and product teams.
- Investigating, understanding and capturing requirements: You'll work with the front office securities lending team to capture requirements, to present them in a way that can be understood, and to support their build and implementation. This may be with internal teams or partners who are third parties.
- Contribute to their team and produce the right outcomes: You'll work across front office, fund and product teams to produce the right outputs, unblock problems and issues. Work with the project team to anticipate and unblock issues that they may encounter. You'll need to be finding solutions to the problems encountered and facilitate their implementation.
- Prioritisation: Where there is more demand than supply, help prioritise in creative ways so the work can be completed
- Be an active contributor across the project delivery team: support the Head of Cash and Currency and the wider securities lending team. Help drive continuous improvement.
- Stakeholder management: You will build relationships with peers and stakeholders and influence for appropriate outcomes
Requirements and Experience
- Securities Lending skills: You will have a solid understanding of securities lending activities and a demonstrable track record of launching OEIC/UCITS funds (Equity and Fixed Income) into a securities lending programme from a major buy side asset manager or global custodian. You will have a solid knowledge of Securities Lending legal documentation and fund prospectuses.
- Skill of understanding business processes: You will be able to understand good business processes and be able to analyse and document current business processes clearly.
- You will be familiar with securities lending products and practices. Key will be experience of launching lending for OEIC/UCITS funds.
- Research and critical thinking skills: You will be able to take a problem and consider several possible outcomes. You will be able to identify the best outcome by probing and researching viable options. You will be able to present your findings in a way that is appropriate for the intended audience to understand.
- People skills: You will be interacting with a lot of people at many different levels. you will need to understand how different people think, and what motivates them in order to help determine business analysis outcomes.
- Communication skills: You will need to be a good listener and to understand what people are telling you. When you communicate, it will need to be effective, at the right level of detail, at the right frequency and in the right way. You will need to be a good negotiator.
- Can do attitude: You will want to find solutions, to overcome issues, and to be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.