Assistant Director (Senior Manager) - Operational Transaction Services (IT/ERP) - TAS - London
Assistant Director - Operational Transaction Services (IT/ERP) - London Are you ready to take control and deliver impact? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime. We're looking for Assistant Directors (Senior Managers) to join our team because we are experiencing tremendous growth in our Operational Transaction Services Team.
What we do:
- Operational Transaction Services (OTS) is the largest combined Operations and IT team in Europe. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximise value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
- We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors.
- We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in IT and Operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients.
- We prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify synergies and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people
What you will do:
- Advise senior clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
- Sell, manage and deliver different types of engagements, including pre-deal (eg, operational and IT due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (eg, integration planning, synergy tracking) and restructuring (eg, rapid cost reduction).
- Lead blended project teams comprising colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices.
- Manage complex engagements, including commercials, resourcing and risk.
- Lead on business origination, including leverage of networks and delivery of pitches and presentations to senior clients.
- Lead on practice development initiatives and training programmes, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Experience in the below areas.
- ERP Professional services / consulting, with a focus on SAP products;
- Transactions: ideally due diligence, carve-out or integrations experience;
- Broad knowledge and deep understanding of SAP based environments, including SAP enterprise architecture, strategy, governance, systems integration, application development, service delivery and infrastructure;
- Deep cross functional knowledge of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Build to Deliver modules of SAP ECC or SAP S/4HANA; and
- Optionally, recent experience in designing strategy, architecting solutions or implementing Cloud based SAP products
- Adept at building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Experience of managing large, complex, global delivery programmes.
- Strong team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to manage and develop juniors.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience leading practice development initiatives and training programmes.
- Track record in business development, with strong external networks.
- Ability to act as a thought leader in a particular sector / industry.
By helping organizations of all sizes, you'll help by navigating transactions, maximizing
opportunities and minimizing risks, you will help your clients lead and execute high-profile transactions. You'll bring your analytical skills and real-world experience to diverse situations and unique problems. By appreciating your clients' overall objectives and understanding how transactions can influence an organization's success, you'll assess and navigate risks, and balance them against potential rewards. About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
We have visionary goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a committed focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded. Want to get to know us better?
Connect with us on Linked In: http://bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.