Associate Product Specialist
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Associate Product SpecialistPooled Product Management is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of a number of different fund ranges, including two Irish domiciled ICVCs and a Common Contractual Fund. We are also responsible for a Dutch domiciled UCITS FGR which utilizes the Irish Management Company passport into the Netherlands. The funds are predominantly equity and fixed income index trackers, although there is a push towards quantitative active strategies, as well as cash.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
1. Work as part of small team supporting the day to day requirements for various pooled product fund ranges ensuring relevant fund documentation is in place and governance processes are followed.
2. Provide technical fund expertise to internal and external clients as required across the product suite and keep knowledge up to date with a product set that constantly needs to evolve and grow in response to growing business needs and client demands.
3. Ability to develop strong relationships both internally (Sales, legal, RFP, PMs, risk & compliance) and externally (tax advisors, administrators, custodians and Mancos) helping build out the pooled product team's reputation as the 'go to' team for technical product related queries.
4. Proactively identify areas for process improvement, ensuring training manuals, policies and procedures are kept up to date. In consultation with Pooled Product leadership and team, identify ways to streamline and enhance the overall fund governance and lifecycle management of the funds making recommendations to senior management as and when needed.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Extensive experience in a product development/ management particularly UCITS Fund ranges, ideally Irish domiciled.
• Experience of working within a product governance/change management environment for a global asset manager
• Ability to work in a very fast paced and ever changing environment which can be quite pressurised at times.
• Experienced in dealing with and developing relationships with Sales and distribution partners, knowing when and how to push back and at the same time deliver results.
• Excellent project management and communication skills a must have.
• Degree educated.
Need to have a proactive, solutions lead and positive outlook with the ability to move in a fast paced and pressured environment at times.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $132 billion in banking assets