Associate Technical Account Manager (UK)
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for motivated technologists who have a desire to work in the cloud computing industry, where you will build your technical skills as well as learn from top subject matter experts and industry thought leaders. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, the technical account manager will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, as well as diagnose and reproduce technical issues with our technology products. You will provide ongoing support and technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices, and proactively help in keeping your customer's AWS environments operationally healthy. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a technical account manager. This position will require the ability to travel 10% or more as needed.
See what some of our TAMs have to say about their roles in AWS:
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build a strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
• Work with customers of all sizes to execute on the Enterprise Support value proposition of AWS
• Assist with operational support needs for customers already using AWS
• Collaborate with experienced technical account managers to craft and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS communities
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• Effectively represent AWS within a customer's environment, and drive discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs and risk management
• The TAM is the centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Technical engineering experience
• Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for one (1) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline OR 2 years of equivalent work experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • 2+ years of technical engineering experience
• Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.